Dr Nandi Chinna is an experienced Research Consultant specialising in the area of cultural and ecological history. Her Place Based Engagement research consultancy focusses on place based engagement, ethno-botanical and geo-cultural histories. Some of her clients have included Kings Park and Botanical Garden, the Water Corporation of Western Australia, and the Western Australian Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
To discuss your research project requirements please use the contact links on this site.
Research projects Nandi has managed include:
- Kep Waangkiny – Water Stories of Noongar Boodja, Traditional Stories of Water in the Perth Region of Western Australia, for the Water Corporation of Western Australia (2018);
- Long Trails Maps; Writing interpretive materials for WA’s Long Trails (Bibbulmun Track, Munda Biddi Trail, Cape to Cape to Trail), Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions WA (2017-18);
- Understories: a social and cultural history of Kings Park and Botanical Garden, Perth, WA, 2015;
- Clontarf Hill Heritage Interpretation Project, (winner of the 2016 Fremantle History Prize), Lotteries West Grant, 2015;
- Floracultura, the cultural life of the plants of Kings Park, Edith Cowan University and CREATEC, 2013;
- Perth’s Lost Wetlands, curation of an exhibition tracing Perth’s lost water bodies with City of Perth, CREATEC, 2013–2014;.